We have provided some tips on how to maintain your Luscious Hair Lace Frontal Wig!
Shedding on a lace wig is to be expected due to the fact that the hair is hand tied by a single knot (sometimes a double knot) to the lace material. To ensure that shedding is minimized, Luscious Hair uses a technique of infusing a small amount of glue with the knot to further secure and fortify. While, this does not completely eliminate the problem of shedding, it does significantly minimize excessive knot slippage. Excessive shedding can cause thinning of the hair and bald patches on your unit. To minimize these effects it is very important that proper care be taken at home during combing, styling and everyday use. Below are things to avoid.
- Combing your lace wig while it is still wet after washing and conditioning
- Roughness while combing and washing/handing your lace wig
- Using very oily or greasy haircare products on your unit
- Not thoroughly removing adhesives from your unit prior to washing
- Using hot or very warm water when washing your unit
- Combing your wig from root to tip instead of from tip to root.
- Do Not Scratch your scalp through your lace wig as this will cause shedding. Instead, pat your head with your hand or remove your unit and treat your scalp with anti-itch shampoo and then moisturize your scalp.
- Use a wide tooth comb or wig brush (cushion brush). Comb from the tip up while holding the hair above so that you will avoid pulling at the knots.
- Never comb your lace wig while wet. Prior to washing the hair make sure you comb it out thoroughly.
- Avoid using care products with high Alcohol content i.e Spritz, Hair Spray, Shampoos etc. These products can damage the hair causing breakage and/or shedding.
- You must thoroughly remove glue residue from our wig. Letting adhesives build up on your unit will cause shedding
- Do not Blow Dry or Sit under a dryer with heat. We highly recommend letting your unit air dry after washing. If you must brow dry, make sure it is on a cool setting. Blow Dryer heat will damage/Split the knots causing shedding.
- When sleeping in your unit it is best to braid up your hair so it does not tangle while you sleep. You should gently comb your unit out each night prior to wrapping it up in the scarf. Also it is very important that you wrap a silk or satin scarf or bonnet around your head, this will help to prevent friction which will cause breakage and/or shedding.
Click the link to order your very own Luscious Lace Frontal Wig today!
Also watch this short video to give you even more tips about maintain your Luscious Hair Lace Frontal Wig: